Uses of Rosemary Essential Oils
Rosemary as the name itself suggests is an aromatic herb, which is also regarded as youth preserver. Rosemary essential oil is used in many applications. There are many uses of Rosemary essential oil, which include medicinal, culinary and other cosmetic uses. Due to the antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, and stimulant properties use of rosemary essential oil can be done in many medicinal applications. And because of its aroma it is used in cosmetic applications.
Listed below are some of the uses of rosemary essential oil:
- Due to its pungent scent, rosemary essential oil is used extensively in toiletries and perfumery. It is used in perfumes; massage oils, soaps, shampoos, bath oils, and cologne. It’s also used in deodorants, household sprays and disinfectants.
- Putting some of the fresh rosemary leaves in bath helps to refresh and stimulate the body. It also relaxes tired muscles and prevents headache. These leaves can also be used in a potpourri to scent an entire room.
- Rosemary essential oil is used in hair and skin care due to its regenerating qualities. Put 2-3 drops of rosemary essential oil in water and boil it. This can be used as a facial steam and the water as a hair rinse for brunettes on the onset of graying.
- Put 2-3 drops of Rosemary essential oil to borax and cool it. This results into a nice-smelling hair wash, which can prevent dandruff and stimulate hair growth.
- One of the uses of Rosemary include that it is very effective in treating oily skin and oily hair since decreases oily secretions of the hair follicles. It is also helpful in reducing skin blemishes, such as pimples.
- Rosemary can be used for decorative purpose also. We can use the trimmings to create decorative garlands, which can be hung on the wall or used as table decorations.
- When we add Rosemary to any of foods like chicken, lamb or pork it gives it a refreshing and peppy flavor.
- Rosemary essential oil can be used in Inhalation, baths and massage. Using Rosemary essential oil in massage stimulates the lymphatic system and soothes sore, tired, muscles from exercise. It can be massaged into the scalp to help prevent baldness.
- Rosemary essential oil is a good stimulant for memory and circulation. It is used to treat Acne, bronchitis, burns, colds, dandruff, dermatitis, diarrhea, eczema, headaches and obesity.
- Rosemary essential oil is also used to build up energy, strengthen fragile blood vessels, for muscle pains, brighten mood, cramps or sprains for restoring mental alertness and relieving pain.
- Rosemary essential oil is used to boost immune system and helps in nervous system disorders such as mental fatigue and nervous exhaustion.
- Rosemary Essential oil can effectively repel moths and other insects. Thus can be used as an insect repelling essential oil. Place several drops of rosemary essential oil on a cotton ball and make a sachet. Wrap and tie this in a small handkerchief. Hang this cloth in storage areas like cupboards.
- Rosemary Essential oil make an excellent oral antiseptic due to the presence of eucalyptol which is used in treatment of combating gingivitis and periodontal disease.
Though there are many uses of rosemary essential oils they must be taken with precaution. A person having high blood pressure should consult his health care provider before using rosemary essential oils.