Sexual dysfunction also called sexual problem refers to a persistent problem that occurs during any phase of sexual response. Sexual dysfunction may be caused due to lack of sexual desire, which may prevent an individual from enjoying the sexual activity. Sexual dysfunction may result through a physical or psychological problem. Impotence or erectile dysfunction, frigidity and reduced libido are some of the sexual dysfunction disorders, which can occur during penetration, arousal, orgasm and ejaculation.
Sexual dysfunction cases are required to be handled carefully with a supportive and co-operative partner. Aromatherapy can help you in dealing with such sexual problems. Using essential oils in bath or massage opens the way for sexual communication between two people. Essential oil massage relaxes the whole body and gives a sensual experience.It is also found that men when subjected to aromas of essential oils exhibited a marked increase in arousal.
Some of the essential oils that are explored for sexual enhancement in the people with sexual dysfunction include:
- Basil Essential Oil: Basil essential oil arouses sexual instincts in the people with sexual dysfunction. It also helps the people who are nervous due to inexperience.
- Cardamom Essential Oil: This essential oil enhances the feelings of sensuality in the people with sexual dysfunction. Due to its aphrodisiac properties it is used as a remedy for low sexual response and erectile dysfunction or impotence.
- Cedar-wood Essential Oil: Cedar-wood essential oil arouses emotions in relationships and at the same time it calms fears and anxieties relating to sexuality. This essential oil also encourages the sexual response in the people with sexual dysfunction.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil: Clary sage essential oil can help with lack of sexual desire. This essential oil removes negative feelings, decreases inhibitions and arouses the emotions. It helps with sexual dysfunction by regulating and balancing hormones in women. This essential oil can be inhaled or taken orally. Clary sage also helps with problems like impotence and frigidity.
- Ginger Essential Oil: Ginger essential oil supports sexuality by heating up the libido. It arouses the emotions by melting cold emotions.
- Geranium Essential Oil: Geranium essential oil raises the emotions, love and happiness. This oil helps to restore equilibrium and is helpful in menopausal problems and sexual problems like infertility. This oil can be taken orally as dietary supplements or inhaled.
- Jasmine Essential Oil: Deeply soothing and calming nature of jasmine essential oil helps with sexual problems like erectile dysfunction, frigidity and premature ejaculation. Due to its sensual character it enhances the feelings of sensuality, self worth and brings romance, strength and warmth to relationships. Jasmine essential oil can be inhaled but should never be ingested.
- Juniper Essential Oil: Juniper essential oil is a good choice for the people who are insecure in their relationship and feel that they are unworthy of love. This oil enhances self-confidence and openness by arousing and awakening love and sexuality.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Lavender essential oil is one of the essential oils that produce sexual excitement in many people. It also helps in balancing hormones.
- Patchouli Essential Oil: This essential oil helps to release sexual fears by decreasing inhibitions. It helps the person to communicate clearly both on emotional and physical levels.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil: Due to the aphrodisiac properties of sandalwood, it is helpful with sexual problems like impotence and frigidity. It enhances the feelings of sensuality and openness.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil: Ylang Ylang essential oil helps in balancing sexual emotion and sex drive problems. Due to its aphrodisiac properties it enhances sensuality, attraction between lovers and increases the libido. The aroma of this oil elevates sexual energy and enhances relationships. It is also helpful with sexual dysfunction disorders like impotence and frigidity.