When you encounter the term hair loss, you can easily associate it with men. But what most of you do not know is many women also experience hair loss. Both men and women encounter various factors that can cause hair loss. But the good news is you do not need to undergo expensive treatments to treat this condition. There are essential oil and hair loss treatments which are not only extremely effective, but are cheaper than other treatments.
Before we have a discussion on this, there are some factors that affect hair growth:
- One factor is biological. Remember, women have male hormones that can contribute to hair loss condition. However, in women, hair loss may appear later than it does in men. This is because females have higher estrogen levels than men. Another factor is when women reach the menopausal stage, their hormones are changing. At this stage they will experience a sudden increase in testosterone. These changes can be a direct cause of hair loss. In addition, women have an increase in mood swings which, according to some studies, is associated with hair loss.
- Stress is one of the another factor that can cause hair loss. Both men and women who experienced stressful events can experience hair loss. Stress is proven to have an effect to hair growth. This condition is called Telogen Effluvium. This is more common in women than in men. The good thing here is women can prevent and treat hair loss once they are free from stress.
- Nutrients deficiency is another factor that contributes to hair loss condition. Usually, those who do not consume enough protein and iron are the ones who experience hair loss.
Essentials Oils As A Hair Loss Treatment Option
So, these are the factors that can cause hair loss. Now, how can you treat them? Maybe, most of you would resort to expensive hair treatments and injections to rejuvenate the hair. As mentioned, there are essential oils and hair loss treatments available that can treat this.
Certain essentials oils can improve the circulation of blood which carries the nutrients to the hair follicles. Basically, essential oils and hair loss remedies are applied to the scalp to improve the blood flow. Eventually, it will help to reverse hair loss. This is why it is very significant to keep the scalp in a good condition. And this is also why proper treatment is important.
These are the common essential oils and hair loss remedies used by many to treat hair loss:
- Bay leaf – this leaf is normally used in cooking. It adds flavor to soup and other dishes but it also has medicinal use to treat some conditions such as hair loss. It has many benefits since it contains essential minerals and vitamins. This is why it is used as a hair loss treatment. The oil that is extracted from these leaves is efficient to treat dandruff. It improves the condition of the scalp as well.
How to Use: Apply small amount of bay leaf oil with any carrier oil in the scalp. Massage the scalp and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. You can do this before bathing.
- Lemongrass- Lemongrass is another essential oil treatment that is commonly used. Oil extract from lemongrass can prevent and treat hair loss. This remedy works by treating first the scalp where hair follicles are located. It is best used when combined to lavender oil.
How to use: Apply the combination of lemongrass oil, lavender oil and carrier oil to the scalp and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash out afterwards.
- Rosemary and Lavender– oils from these leaves can improve the quality of hair. This remedy is known to improve cell growth and blood flows in hair follicles.
How to use: Combine these two essential oils. Mix with carrier oil then apply gently into the scalp. Massage for 15 minutes and leave the hair covered with a towel. Rinse your hair thoroughly after 15 minutes.
Remember that these remedies are not only use to treat hair loss but they can also be used to prevent it. These essential oils and hair loss remedies are widely used and do not have harmful effects.