Aromatherapy sleep aids can help you get the rest you need. For many of us, night time is a time of dread. We often lay awake trying in vain to get a More »
Aromatherapy sleep aids can help you get the rest you need.
For many of us, night time is a time of dread. We often lay awake trying in vain to get a good night’s rest. This tossing and turning that we do each night leads to a terrible day at work, which makes us less productive and at risk of health related problems. But we don’t have to live like this. With the utilization of aromatherapy sleep aids help for chronic sleeping problems can be found. Today we will be talking about different aromatherapy oils and how each one helps to combat sleeping problems.
Top aromatherapy essential oils that can help you get some sleep.
• Vetiver oil is a commonly used essential oil that is utilized in the aid of sleep. The relaxing effect of Vetiver oil is great for those with restless leg disorder or muscle aches. By acting as a mild sedative, this amazing oil will help calm the nerves which will in turn help the muscle system relax. A great way to utilize this oil is to add it to a hot bath which will release its calming vapors and will result in a great night rest.
• Marjoram oil is another great essential oil that has been used to help people achieve sleep. This essential oil is great for those whose mind’s race at night and for those suffering from anxiety problems. Marjoram oil also is great for those suffering from soreness and a massage oil as well. A combination of marjoram and lavender oil is commonly used to treat sleep related issues.
• Neroli oil can be one of the most powerful aromatherapy sleep aids. Used by many to achieve a good night’s rest, neroli oil works to calm the central nervous system. A mild sedative, Neroli oil is great for those who are suffering from depression or panic attacks. When used just before bedtime, neroli oil can help the user reach a relaxed state by calming the mind.
• Lavender oil is probably the most common of all aromatherapy essential oils. The power behind this amazing oil is in its smell. The scent of lavender oil when defused in the air reduces the activity of the central nervous system which allows the body to get ready for sleep. Lavender oil is often paired with other oils to help aid in relaxation.
• Valerian oil is another great essential oil that is used to aid in sleep. For those who suffer from chronic insomnia, valerian oil is probably their best choice of oils. Although valerian oil doesn’t have a pleasant smell like most of the aromatherapy sleep aids, it is one of the most powerful. Also great for migraine headaches, valerian oil works by suppressing the central nervous system acting like a sedative. Remember that this is very strong oil so make sure you have at least 8 hours to sleep before deciding to use it. Driving can become impaired if you don’t allow ample time between taking valerian oil and operating a motor vehicle.
Aromatherapy Sleep Aids Relief
Every night millions of people around the world have trouble sleeping. Sleep disorders due to stress and other issues are a common problem. This chronic condition costs companies and their workers millions of dollars a year due to absences related to sleeping problems. Finding relief from sleep related issues is a billion industry and many pharmaceutical have begun to cash in on it. But over the counter and prescription sleeping aids often do more harm than good.
Addiction to sleeping pills is a serious issue and breaking the habit can be hard. Also, these chemical sleeping aids have many side effects and users can end up with more than just sleeping problems in the end. Luckily, there is a safer and easier way to get sleep. Aromatherapy sleep aids are a great alternative to modern chemical sleeping aids. This cheap and easy to find source of sleeping aids can be found online and much cheaper than those provided by medical practitioners. By utilizing the essential oils of various mood changing plants, aromatherapy users can find natural relief from sleeping problems. So let’s learn about some of the most commonly used oils and how they can help you get rid of your sleep related issues.
4 great plant based essential oils that can help you sleep.
1. Cedar wood essential oil smells really good and it reminds us of the great outdoors. But this smell does more than just remind us of the days we used to go camping with the family. Cedar wood oil has a relaxing effect on the nerves and can help to combat sleep related issues that steam from stress and anxiety. People who have a nervous nature will benefit from using cedar wood just before bed.
2. Clary sage essential oil is also a great aid for sleep related issues. One of the most effective aromatherapy oils, clary sage contains thujone which is a natural chemical that works great against stress and also can be used as a muscle relaxer. Clary sage has a very pleasant smell and when released into the air can help you get a great night’s sleep. So if you are looking for an oil that not only works well but smells great, clary sage is for you.
3. Patchouli essential oil has long been used to treat sleep and stress related issues. One of the best ways to relax is to put some patchouli oil in a diffuser and let the sweet smell fill the air. Patchouli is great for those who are over stressed due to work related issues. This oil has long been used on the alternative medicine scene.
4. Sandalwood essential oil is another amazing oil used to promote a healthy night’s sleep. The use of this essential oil dates back to hundreds of years ago and is very powerful. People who suffer from insomnia are the ones who most benefited from Sandalwood oil, which give them the relief they need. Just a few whiffs of Sandalwood oil and the body starts to relax and de-stress. Many people rely on this oil to help get rid of the stresses of everyday life.
Though cancer treatment shouldn’t be undertaken without consulting a licensed medical practitioner, cancer fighting essential oils can be used to complement the effectiveness of conventional cancer therapies. These Young Living Essential Oil applications should continue until the cancer is in remission.
It was identified that cancer fighting essential oils effectively kill cancer cells while being non-toxic to normal cells (non neoplastic cells). Some of the most effective oils studied included sandalwood essential oil which inhibited growth by up to 90% of several different types of cancer cells (cervical, breast, skin and prostate) even at very small concentrations while having little or no harmful effect on normal cells.
Thyme, grapefruit, and thyme linalool also showed low normal cell toxicity and strong anticancer action. Oils rich in limonene, such as lemon, orange, tangerine, and Idaho balsam fir have been shown in clinical studies to be useful as cancer fighting essential oils. Studies using 1-15 grams a day of limonene in very advanced cancer patients resulted in almost 20% of the patients going into remission.
For getting maximum effect from Young Living Essential Oils, strong cleansing and nutritional building programs are required. Many Researches has shown following three programs, which have a profound effect on any cancer treatment.
- Intensive cleanse with Cleansing Trio and JuvaTone.
- Modified Burrough’s Cleanse using cayenne pepper, lemon juice, and agave nectar.
- The Essentialzyme Ramping Program
Cancer fighting essential oils is most effective when used in early stages of all cancers. One more thing to remember during treatment is to alter and vary essential oils, so that cancer cells do not build resistance to treatment.
Cancer Fighting Single Oils:
Helichrysum, lemon, orange, tangerine, ledum, sandalwood, lavender, clove, thyme, Idaho balsam fir, tsuga, frankincense, myrtle
Cancer Fighting Blends:
Cancer Fighting Dietary Supplementation:
ImmuPro, VitaGreen, Super C Chewable, ImmuneTune, Essential Manna, Power Meal, Thyromin, Exodus, Sulfurzyme, Mineral Essence, Essential Omegas, Rehemogen, Berry Young Juice, Royaldophilus.
Anti-depressants are most of the time used for moderate to severe depressive illness, severe anxiety and panic attacks. It is also used for obsessive-compulsive disorders, chronic pain, eating disorders and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Essential Oils provide a fantastic natural alternative to common ailments we see at home. The actions of essential oils are broad, ranging from topical antiseptics and anti-inflammatory to analgesics, digestive system tonics, and anti-depressants. The essential oils that help to overcome depression are called anti-depressant essential oils.
- Bulgarian Rose oil, also called Rose Otto, is one such anti-depressant essential oil used for depression. The Rose Otto is steam-distilled and it takes about thirty roses to produce a single drop of essential oil making it extraordinarily concentrated. Thus it is very useful in relieving depression.
- Chamomile Essential Oil is used as a great tension reliever. This extremely gentle essential oil is useful for a wide variety of nervous conditions, and is often indicated for cases of stress in children. This essential oil is available in 2 varieties, German or Blue Chamomile and Roman Chamomile. The Roman variety is most often used for stress relief, whereas the German variety has the added bonus of being an extremely effective anti-inflammatory.
- Rosemary Essential Oil, used as an anti-depressant essential oil is an effective physical and mental stimulant, whether used in a diffuser or in a morning bath. Rosemary essential oil helps with alertness and lavender essential oil helps with insomnia. Put a few drops in the palm of your hand and rub them together and inhale it. It’s a quick way to wake up or help you get to sleep. You can also mix it with another oil, like olive oil, and give yourself a massage too.
- Frankincense and Lavender Essential Oils gives relief from anxiety and depression. Applying 1-2 drops of Frankincense and 1-2 drops of Lavender on forehead and neck melts away of any symptoms of anxiety or depression.
- Anti depressant essential oils like Clary Sage, Geranium and YlangYlang are used for hormone related depression. These oils either imitate or encourage estrogen production.
Few other anti depressant essential oils include Basil, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli, Orange, Patchouli, Petitgrain and Sandalwood. The Bergamot oil is thought to help you with grief and even depression.
Single oils like Bergamot, Citrus Hystrix, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Jasmine Absolute, lemon, Neroli Absolute and Orange are also used as anti-depressants. Some oil blends like Dream catcher, Forgiveness and Gentle Baby also work as anti-depressants.
You may have known the various uses of essential oils. You know that it can help various conditions like arthritis, headaches and stomachaches. You may also know that it can help in alleviating stress and making a place or object smell better. You may also know that it can affect mood. But did you know that there are essential oils to use for love, romance and aphrodisiacs?
Given this, let me introduce another use of these oils. It can also be used for romance. You see, intimacy, love or romance can be heightened through the senses.
Aromatherapy has the power to heighten the sense of smell which can consequentially affect the mood. During romance, you need to heighten the senses so that you can feel more connected to your partner. And with the right scents, you can enhance the experience. This makes aromatherapy a great choice for sensual individuals. Being sensual happens when a person can recognize even the slightest change on the senses. These people like creative people and they like to partake in things that maximize the use of the senses such as music, visual arts and food.
Aromatherapy can also do this and this makes sensual pleasures such as romance much better. You can use these oils in romance or intimacy because it has the ability to increase the connectedness that you have with each other. It sets you in the mood and makes you feel better because these natural fragrances have therapeutic effects. With these, they are better than aromatic candles or fragrances. It can heighten the senses while relaxing the body at the same time. True enough, these essences have been used all throughout history.
About 3000 years ago, the use of aromatic essences has been valuable not only to enhance romance but also to improve attractiveness. This is the reason why there is the perfume industry today. If you are wondering why a person seems to be suddenly attractive because of his or her scent, it is because aromatics really play a vital factor in attraction. Fortunately, you can use these oils in romance through various forms. You can apply it onto your skin as a bath or massage oil. This will lock the scent into your skin making it a great experience when your partner kisses you. You can also use it as a bed or room spray.
Why Using Essential Oils?
This will enhance the setting and put a person in the mood. The common enemy of romance today is the highly stressful life that people lead. Usually, they are caught up in so much work that they rarely have the time to breathe. But aromatherapy oils have some special effects on the body. It can eliminate stress and enhance the mood. With this, it is not far before an impassionate individual becomes ready for romance. Of course, it always helps to plan ahead. You should make sure that you and the room smells good. From here, all you need to do is attract your partner for some good romance with the help of essential oils. So if you have not yet tried it, try to use essential oils to increase intimacy and demonstrate your love.
Raindrop Technique using Raindrop Essential Oils
Raindrop Technique uses a sequence of highly anti-microbial Young Living Essential Oils synergistically combined to simultaneously kill the responsible viral agents and reduce inflammation .The Raindrop Technique combines the science of Aroma Technique with the techniques of Vita Flex, reflexology, massage, etc, which are applied on various areas of the body to bring structural and electrical alignment.
The principle Raindrop Essential Oils used include:
- Oregano (Origanum compactum)
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
- Basil or balsam fir (Ocimum basilicum or Abies balsamea)
- Cypress (Cupressus sempervirens)
- Wintergreen or birch (Gaultheria procumbens or Betula alleghaniensis)
- Marjoram (Origanum majorana)
- Peppermint (Mentha piperita)
In Raindrop technique these oils are dispensed like little drops of rain from a height of about six inches above the back and very lightly massaged along the vertebrae and back muscles. Although the entire process takes about 45 minutes to complete, the oils will continue to work in the body for up to one week following treatment, with continued re-alignment taking place during this time.
Raindrop technique should be performed in a quiet, semi-darkened area free of distractions along with soft and relaxing music, which will make the recipient more comfortable. The temperature should be cool enough to prevent sweating, but warm enough to be comfortable as the recipient’s back and legs will be exposed. The person who gives the Raindrop technique is called facilitator and the one receiving it is called recipient.